Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

Rock Crawling at the State Museum

Livingston RC
Mini-T

Rock Crawling at the State Museum

Post  Livingston RC on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:57 pm

If anyone is interested, there's a really cool rock crawling spot at the State Museum in Albany. Just park in their parking lot and you'll see it right in front of you. It's about 30' long, 30 feet wide, at a 45 degree angle and covered with 6 to 8" angular rock. My Summit has made it up several times but you really have to work it. I do it just to see if I can get up. It's not like the crawling at the Livingston RC Park where you have lines and individual challenges. This is a big patch of rip-rap and kind of grueling at times. I can imagine that low clearance crawlers may have a problem with it. If anyone with a nice comp crawler wants to meet up there sometime let me know. I'd like to see how it handles the rock. I may have a few photos somewhere that I can post. I actually have some video shot from on the truck too.
Mark
Livingston RC
Mini-T

Re: Rock Crawling at the State Museum

Post  Livingston RC on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Livingston RC wrote:If anyone is interested, there's a really cool rock crawling spot at the State Museum in Albany. Just park in their parking lot and you'll see it right in front of you. It's about 30' long, 30 feet wide, at a 45 degree angle and covered with 6 to 8" angular rock. My Summit has made it up several times but you really have to work it. I do it just to see if I can get up. It's not like the crawling at the Livingston RC Park where you have lines and individual challenges. This is a big patch of rip-rap and kind of grueling at times. I can imagine that low clearance crawlers may have a problem with it. If anyone with a nice comp crawler wants to meet up there sometime let me know. I'd like to see how it handles the rock. I may have a few photos somewhere that I can post. I actually have some video shot from on the truck too.
Mark
Here's a photo of the area. I have some cool videos from the trucks perspective but have to post those some other time.

xanthra
Mini-T

Post  xanthra on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:10 am

Livingston RC wrote:

Now I know where I can take my MAXX on lunch.
I may need one of these Summit things soon too : )
Livingston RC
Mini-T

Post  Livingston RC on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:49 pm

xanthra wrote:
Livingston RC wrote:

Now I know where I can take my MAXX on lunch.
I may need one of these Summit things soon too : )

I work about 600 feet from this site (Agency Building 1) and could get my Summit to work. I guess the E-Maxx would have a hard time going up this but if you get a Summit or other crawler let me know!!

Mark
xanthra
Mini-T

Post  xanthra on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Livingston RC wrote:I guess the E-Maxx would have a hard time going up this but if you get a Summit or other crawler let me know!!

Mark

What!? It's on! Last one to the top buys lunch.

PS. You may be right, but I'm gonna try it anyway : P

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 9:22 am