Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!

nymicroguy
Mini-Z

SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!

Post  nymicroguy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Kind of funny.

Last nite Mike S stripped his tranny gears in his RTR sc10 and I was going to let him use my BN not run yet SC10 FT untill he told me something was wrong with it.... I discovered my son or I may have made the rear turnbuckle length too short binding the rear a-arms. After getting a chance to look at it today and reading the manual myself, It says set them at 71mm and realizing that 90mm is much better,,,,I let my fingers do a little walking...

Found probably 10 diffrent Forums stating that is was a typo on AE's part.. 91mm is the correct length per AE' R&D dept..

At least I am not going crazy and know that Connor follow directions correctly.

HAHA Thought I would share it with 518.

nymicroguy
Mini-Z

Re: SC10 rear turn buckle length wrong in assembly Manual!!

Post  nymicroguy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Got it done. Adjusted the turnbuckles but low and behold I did have the A Arms upside down... So much for being a rc guru. LOL

also tore down and rebuilt XXX SC new Savox servo, threaded shocks and stock brushless setup.

orgnoi1
MP9

Post  orgnoi1 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 am

nymicroguy wrote:Got it done. Adjusted the turnbuckles but low and behold I did have the A Arms upside down... So much for being a rc guru. LOL

also tore down and rebuilt XXX SC new Savox servo, threaded shocks and stock brushless setup.

One thing I have learned... is take nothing in the manuals for face value... nothing replaces using the proper gauges to set your dimensions...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 pm