Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

Road course upgrade!!

Enforcerman
RedCat

Road course upgrade!!

Post  Enforcerman on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 pm

I just completed our latest upgrade to the road course and have added a few new twists to make it more interesting. I think all of us roadcourse racers will appreciate that with each change it is becoming more and more a real roadcourse and less oval-like.

On that note, I have heard from several roadcourse racers that they would like to see the roadrail and disk at turn one moved out onto the carpet more so as to alter the approach to the turn and make it slightly sharper and less oval-like. I have tried to do that several times in the past but someone keeps moving it back onto the "ice" and off the carpet. This time I applied some velcro to the disk to help keep it in place and discourage people from moving it.

Those of you who asked for this change need to speak up and support it or it will keep getting moved out of the way by those who just want the fast easy way around the track and don't want to have to lift in the turn and actually drive.

Other key disks on the track that get bumped a lot have also received the velcro treatment.

None of these changes will hamper switching to the oval as needed.
Robs Extreme rc
SCTE

Re: Road course upgrade!!

Post  Robs Extreme rc on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:40 pm

I like the idea of the rail out into the carpet. there will be plenty of speed still there from the last turn of the esses to that turn.we will just have to lift sooner now; or CRASH...

Enforcerman
RedCat

Post  Enforcerman on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Exactly!!! it's a road course not an oval. See you Saturday!
rtourge
Micro-T

Post  rtourge on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 am

I liked it. It's more technical now.
brettweir78
8IGHT

Post  brettweir78 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:13 am

I agree. Another great night of racing. Already looking forward to next week. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:28 am