Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it....

drebies
Slash

building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it....

Post  drebies on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:30 am

ive been working on my slash 4x4 for a few weeks now...i picked up the new magazine with short course special...and it has a slash 4x4 build called the van phallen...the truck is painted like eddie van halens guitar....anyway i was reading thru the list of parts and besides the electronics i was building this exact same truck.
i have already installed all the rpm parts....and i ordered about 250$ worth of strc aluminum parts....and yes strc is quality aluminum....believe me i checked.
robinson racing slipper clutch...mip cvd's
i also scored this...check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160464682663&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i thought it was pretty awesome looking especially with the gun metal bellcrank on the way....but will certainly protect and give more support....fun stuff
i will be putting up pics as soon as i get the parts in the mail....and i have an exotek mini t build underway....so much to do....soooo little time
oh and hpi mini trophy...and both new micros from losi our coming my way in the next few weeks....

boost 518
Mini-Z

Re: building the van phalen slash 4x4 and didnt realize it....

Post  boost 518 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:33 am

that will look pretty cool dre. i want to get a hpi blitz as my short course truck and put all kind of parts into it. its going to look bad ass when i get all done with it.
drebies
Slash

Post  drebies on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

i have pics coming soon....here is a list of parts so far.
proline-power stroke shocks,bedlockers,trenchers
rpm-f/r arms,f/r bumbers,mudflaps..
strc-shock towers,main drive shaft,bellcrank,motor mount,and plate,f/r axle carries,steering hubs.
robinson racing-gen 3 slipper
mip- front center drive hub,cvd's on the way
lungsford-titanium linkage,and pins
custom front chassis brace
mamba monster 2650 motor/esc
2 or 3 cell lipos....need a battery extender thing to mount a 3s
i might be missing something here and there
this thing is suhweet.....
just need my hbz roll cage in black....and rear skid,and f/r diff cases in aluminum someone needs to make em soon....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:05 pm