Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

i am officially out of room...

drebies
Slash

i am officially out of room...

Post  drebies on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:23 pm

xtm mammoth st...carbon fiber,custom chassis braces

another pic to show scale...huge,bigger than the savage xl....

sc10..rpm arms/bumper...more hop ups to come

hpi sprint 2..stock body painted by me

hpi cup racer...novak 13.5 havoc 3s...overkill i know this was a really fun kit to build.

jato 3.3...lots of aluminum

more to come...gotta do a tattoo

drebies
Slash

Re: i am officially out of room...

Post  drebies on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:18 pm

ofna dm1...1/7 scale...rb innovation intake...jp3 pipe

tmaxx...too much to list...i have too much money into this truck(picco .26)

have a few more things to do with this truck...but she is bulletproof no doubt!!

crawler project...rc4wd bully? tube chassis...venom creeper axles(the venom tranny doest fit all that well will drop an axial tranny insted

losi comp crawler...waiting for a good deal on electronics to finish....

losi mini dt...arms/shocks,and towers from integy...still in progress

stock tmaxx 2.5(aftermarket head,dynamite tuned pipe)alot planned for this truck

hpi rush,losi mini lst are in the process...next week i get another mammoth,and hopefully slash 4x4...i just realized i have almost the whole sc family from accosiated sc18,sc10,and sc8...just need the sc8e...maybe i will scoop that befor the slash....who knows...family grows every week...talk about an addiction

nitrohobbiest
Mini-Z

Post  nitrohobbiest on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:07 am

You've got a great collection for sure. Its killing me seeing so much Integy and RD Logics, though. Do yourself as favor and save your money. Those companys will cause you grief if you ever hit anything. Its pretty stuff but poorly made. The local hobby shops are pushing it but its not worth what they charge for it. Every part is cast and then machined. You want aluminum parts that are machined from solid billet which is much superior.
I feel bad even saying that but I hate to see people get sucked in. They even have bad customer support. I suppose their shocks are OK and parts that are not structural but towers, arms, braces, chassis', bulks etc are all parts to stay away from unless your building light duty shelf queens. Go with company's like ACNCM, Hardcore, Dynamite, maybe STRC? Find out their build process and aluminum grade like 6065(?) or 7075(?). The 7075(?) is the toughest you'll find in RC parts.

I won't be mad if you hate me for saying it but I couldn't not.

I do love the big block and brushless road cars. They have got to be sickly fast!
drebies
Slash

Post  drebies on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 am

yea yea i know this....i found out about a year after getting serious about the hobby.
the rustler i am building is a shelf queen...my tmaxx 3.3 doesnt have any structural(integy) aluminum...maybe the bulk heads but ive never bent one.
and there are a few other vehicles...but i acquired alot of those parts on the vehicles when i bought or traded them...
i know whats crap...
good looking out but im well aware.
my micro t is all 3racing,my mini dt is integy arms...but i will never drive that thing hard enough to bend arms....my emaxx(the state its in now)i got a tmaxx 2.5 years ago that was all integy purple aluminum...i de-anodized it and used them for the time being....see the pattern here besides the rustler i got most of the integy parts from trades,or they were installed on the vehicle already.
believe me i know wich of my vehicles to bash and wich ones to tool around in...and wich ones are shelf queens.
building and collecting is huge part of the hobby for me....so if i bend a part i will replace with your recommendations....
haha i was about to get pissed and call you a hater but its the obvious about the integy parts and your just trying to help...not everyone needs to hit 30 ft. jumps with all the vehicles....stuff like my tmaxx or the mammoth will satisfy that urge...my rustler looks shiny beauitiful....if i want speed i have plenty of that....i got all the angles covered.
sunday and monday im getting a few more vehicles...and i promise not to buy any integy aluminum....oh and the shocks are ...ok like you said
drebies
Slash

Post  drebies on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:38 pm

and i have 3 or 4 RDlogic parts on the tmaxx none of wich are structural.
im just not going out looking like a fool...the vehicles i bash have it where it counts...and if something fails i will buy a better part....im not a "racer"...performance is second on the list....looking good,and being fun is all i care about...
and honestly integy aluminum is better than 95% of all stock parts anyway...instead of snapping it bends...atleast i have half of a chance of bending the part back into shape.
really its a fact that aluminum compounds differ from company to company...how they hold up is all in the way you drive and your skill.
now when i rip the rustler...it will be on flat pavement or dirt...but will not be bashed...when i rip the mammoth i will run right thru whatever is in my way...
oh well i have so many and so many more on the way i can break one a day for a month and still have something to rip...

nitrohobbiest
Mini-Z

Post  nitrohobbiest on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:22 am

Sounds like your a serious collector. I was actually laughing a bit when I read your reply's. I'm glad you didn't take offense as none was intended. It was merely "tough love" except I don't really know you so I don't love you. Just call call it "tough" Wink .

Your absolutely right about parts vs. driving abilities. You can run just about any parts you want if you don't plan on running it hard or running in a risky area at high speeds. All parts will take some beating and its all about how much beating you expect to apply which should determine the parts you buy. The parts I buy usually aim for best bang for buck. I stopped worrying about looks once I started running on a dirt track. So I buy RPM when ever possible for the price, warranty, and durability. I leave the aluminum for the core structural like chassis and braces, bulks and sometimes towers. Buts that's just my method and has worked for me. I know if I pick up a truck with Integy or something on it, I'm gonna run it that way 'til it breaks and then deal with replacements, as you said.

Keep up the awesome build work. You've got a nice variety there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 am