Forum dedicated to all the news, info, and happenings of all things radio controlled in the 518 area code.

*RC518 IS BACK AND ONLINE!!!!*

the summit....crawler or not...?

drebies
Slash

the summit....crawler or not...?

Post  drebies on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 am

...not
awesome truck and i want one
but i definitely wouldn't feel like i was crawling with this.
anybody else opinion..?
orgnoi1
MP9

Re: the summit....crawler or not...?

Post  orgnoi1 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:37 am

I havent driven one... but from what I can see its a decent crossover vehicle... its certainly not a revo but it goes fast and has monster truck capabilities... its not a comp crawler but can do some minor crawling over "decent" sized rocks... I like that its totally waterproof and has 2 gear sets... not for me... but definately a nice overall truck....

Livingston RC
Mini-T

Post  Livingston RC on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:25 pm

drebies wrote:...not
awesome truck and i want one
but i definitely wouldn't feel like i was crawling with this.
anybody else opinion..?
I've owned one for a while and would have to say it's a cross over. I'd like to run with a comp crawler sometime but am pretty sure that it would keep up. It has tons of torque, so much that I've ripped tires and snapped several (plastic) axles before. It was certainly the right truck for me and will pretty much run over anything if if you know how to crawl. If you've got a full time crawler I'd love to compare the two on the same terrain. I'm pretty confident that at a minimum, it would keep up. I'd say that if you want to crawl AND bash around it's perfect. If you want to crawl in competition, do more research before buying it. I wish it had a little more speed but can always install a Mamba Monster to get the job done. As I said before, I'm glad I bought mine and, in the low gear with the diffs locked can go pretty much anywhere and over anything. If you, or anyone else want to test mine out to decide for yourselves just let me know. I know a couple people on this site have used mine at either S&H or at the Livingston RC Park and were impressed. It drives over the small pile of rocks at S&H as if it were flat (from a crawling standpoint).
I'm on my way out to the RC park soon and will have it with me. Stop by and try it out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:05 pm